The Rehabilitation Department of Phillips County Health Systems is located on the main level of the Phillips County Medical Clinic.
Occupational therapy (OT) is provided by Registered Occupational Therapists and a Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant. Occupational therapists treat orthopedic, neurologic, cognitive, sensory integration and musculoskeletal disorders that involve the upper extremities (shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand). They also focus on restoration of activities of daily living (ADLs) such as dressing, bathing and cooking.
Speech language pathology (SLP) services are provided by a speech therapist. Speech therapists treat swallowing, speech/language and cognitive impairments and performs video fluoroscope, which identifies aspiration or other swallow impairments.
Physical therapy (PT) is provided by Registered Physical Therapists and Physical Therapist Assistants. Physical therapists treat orthopedic, neurologic, sensory integration and musculoskeletal disorders that involve the spine, trunk and lower extremities (hip, knee, ankle and foot).
The Rehab Department is open Monday through Friday from 8a.m. – 5p.m. for standard operating hours. Evening and weekend appointments are available.
- Perform tests, measurements, and evaluations at a frequency adequate to maintain the treatment program at the appropriate level for each patient, consistent with the individual rehabilitative goals.
- Record patient’s progress at frequencies adequate for current continuous appraisal by the physician and other personnel so that they may have intimate knowledge of the patient’s status and nature of treatment at all times.
- Have current personal knowledge of each patient, their disability, progress, goals, or objectives and treatment program.
- Record recommendations on change of treatment needs and recommendations for other health services.
To accomplish the above activities, the Therapist may employ the following methods:
- Electrical Stimulation
- Gait training
- Mechanical Traction
- Orthotics Training
- Community Work/Reintegration
- Compression Garment Measure/Fit
- Self Care/Home Management
- Vasoneumatic Pump
- Neuromuscular Re-education
- Prosthetics Training
- Work Handling
- Post Offer, Pre Hire Screens
- Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Pulsed Lavage
- Cognitive Retraining
- Wheelchair Seating and Fitting
- Work Site Evaluation
- Manual Therapy
- Sensory Integration